Tuesday 4 January 2011

COLOR WATCH: A DASH OF ORANGE IN THE BEDROOM!




Got to thinking about the color orange as the New Year approaches...reason being is that my mother always makes us each eat an orange for good luck I think in each New Year. Need to ask her why again...she's on a plane traveling back from Paris tonight...so I'll quiz her tomorrow and find out what the scoop is with the New Years oranges. Meanwhile, I think it is somewhat amusing that for all of these years I've dutifully eaten the orange or tangerine or orange colored citrus at New Years and have no idea why. I always zone out after the New Years best wishes and just follow suit with the orange tradition. My sister DS loves this tradition as well. I guess I could ask her what this orange business is all about...?! Hmmmmm.....will be buying oranges tomorrow just in case...will force the group I'm going out with tomorrow to all consume an orange right after the clock strikes midnight. I'll see if any of them follow along as I have for years without questioning. I will try to report back on meaning of tradition and whether or not I can turn non-family member New Years revelers into clueless followers just like me. (This is how I amuse myself....yes...this is...)

Anyhooooooooooo...yooohoooo...back to decor.

San Francisco based interior designers Julie Massucco, Melissa Warner and Carrie Miller of design firm Massucco Warner Miller created these delightful bedrooms. All perfectly suitable places of slumber and rest and all with just the appropriate dash of color in the orange family (tangerine, coral etc.). Orange is judiciously used in headboards, drapes (or curtains), bed skirts and in trim and upholstery. No orange overload here...just the right amount of this vibrant color to add some zing to these rooms.

Fantastic!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...